Xandari riverscapes fleet of 10 traditional houseboats, called “kettuvallams” , are designed to complement the tranquil passage on the picturesque backwaters. They are built with wood harvested from local jackfruit tree plantations, hand-stitched by local craftsmen with coconut fiber rope (coir) and strengthened with fish oil—a tradition pre-dating industrial engineering techniques but proving stronger than modern alternatives. We are committed to keeping this knowledge and traditions alive, with your support.
Each houseboat is furnished comfortably and attractively while hewing close to tradition. The boats have one, two or three air-conditioned bedrooms. All have an open-air living area and a fully- equipped kitchen. From the viewing deck, or through your bedroom’s picture window, and on a canoe through the backwater heartland, you will see simplicity in action, and the result is immediate: slown down, de-stress, rejuvenate.
Meals are an essential part of the Xandari Riverscapes experience. With your backwater excursion beginning at noon, sit down to a delectable lunch of classic Kerala cuisine cooked on board. Dinner comes calling under starlit skies on clear nights, at the spot where your boat rests to watch the day close out. Rise to the sight of sun rays dancing into your bedrooms, and watch the day unfold as the boat sails past a day in the life of the backwater country.
The price includes
- Hotel Accomodation
The price does not include
- International or domestic flights and airport taxes;
- Beverages at any time or during meals, unless otherwise stated;
- Bank fees, this should be covered by the client on date of payment To be informed up on booking
- Private safety deposit box in the hotel rooms (charged directly by the hotels to passengers)
- Early check in or late check-out at hotels (usually: check-in hour: 15:00 / check-out hour: 12:00)
- In the case passengers exceeds the number of luggage pieces indicated and we must arrange extra vehicle for this excess luggage, this additional cost will be settled locally either by passengers or TC
- Luggage handling service at the hotels and the airports (approx. $3.00 per pax each way)